APPLYING FOR A BUDGET ESTIMATE USING AUTODESIGN
At Northern Powergrid we want to make sure that you have all of the information you need before you apply for a budget estimate using AutoDesign.
Our helpful guide will help you to understand:
- Who can use our AutoDesign tool;
- How AutoDesign can be used to generate a budget estimate;
- What you will receive once you have completed your online enquiry.
WHAT IS A BUDGET ESTIMATE?
We provide a number of online tools that can help you to understand the likely cost and timescale of obtaining a new connection. You can view our guide prices here or if you require a more detailed assessment, you can generate a budget estimate using AutoDesign.
A budget estimate can give you an indicative cost for your connection. They’re calculated by making assumptions based on similar work we’ve done in the past and can sometimes differ from the final quotation you receive. Budget estimates cannot be accepted and so if you’re ready for your connection to be carried out you should apply online for a quotation.
You can generate a budget estimate for free using AutoDesign. However, when you apply for a quotation you may be charged a fee for the detailed assessment and design work we carry out, to find out more about Connection Offer Expenses click here.
WHO CAN USE AUTODESIGN?
AutoDesign is free to use and available to anyone who wants to use it to generate budget estimates for capacity requests of up to 210kVA. It’s for new connection requests only and not suitable for customers who already have a connection to our network.
WHAT TYPE OF REQUESTS CAN AUTODESIGN BE USED FOR?
Your request must be for a new connection(s), up to a maximum of 210kVA which is approximately equivalent to:
- Large single loads, including EV chargers, commercial or industrial properties;
- 100 general domestic properties with gas central heating;
- 40 electrically heated properties;
- 75 general domestic properties, each with a heat pump rated at 3kW;
- 30 general domestic properties, each with a 32A EV charger.
At this time, AutoDesign cannot process requests for:
- New connections with generating equipment or energy storage devices;
- Motors or welders;
- Increase in capacity;
- Move electricity supplies (service alterations) or our equipment (diversions)
- EV charging points for premises that already have an electricity connection;
- Mixed developments such as domestic and commercial properties.
For these types of requests, you will need to apply for a budget estimate online and you can do that by clicking on the link below.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE?
Once you have input your requirements, located your site and drawn your cable route, AutoDesign will provide you with a budget estimate and a letter. This letter will be e-mailed to your account in case you need to refer to it again. The plan you can see should not be considered as an accurate representation of our cable records. If you need a plan with visible assets, please use SafeDig.