The Customer Engagement Group (CEG) plays a key role in developing and quality assuring the development of Northern Powergrid’s 2023-2028 business plan.
The group independently scrutinises and challenges Northern Powergrid’s business plan, the quality of engagement undertaken to inform it and helps to ensure that customers’ needs and preferences are reflected.
The CEG also works with the Ofgem Consumer Challenge Group. It provides assurance to Ofgem that Northern Powergrid’s business plan reflects regional interests, understands and addresses customer needs and preferences and is driven by delivering for customers in an evolving and growing low carbon energy landscape.
The group will focus on areas where there is the need to improve customer outcomes, and where it has the expertise to challenge and scrutinise. This includes Northern Powergrid’s:
- approach to sustainability and resilience;
- proposed outputs and associated total expenditure;
- quality of stakeholder engagement undertaken to inform proposals;
- approach and support for vulnerable customers;
- approach to innovation, including incorporating innovation into its business;
- range of scenarios taken into account to anticipate future network requirements and approach to managing uncertainty and associated risks;
- alternatives to the investment proposals considered;
- issues of particular relevance to a local region, including any significant investment choices in its operating area.