It is now simpler than ever to report a power cut. If you want to report a power cut call...
DEMAND AVAILABILITY MAP
Demand Map Terms
A high level indication of the network capability to connect additional demand is provided within these “Heat Maps” which are updated monthly. We have produced a webinar which provides assistance regarding the use and interpretation of the Northern Powergrid Availability Maps.
If you have any further queries please contact us by email
The main assumptions are:
- The data is provided as an indication and a full design study will be required before any connection offer is made;
- The data provides information on accepted schemes which are yet to connect to our network as well as any quoted schemes yet to be accepted;
- Each Primary Substation, Supply Point and the lower voltage side of all Grid Supply Points have been given an overall classification (Red/Amber/Green) based on the known constraints;
- The constraints shown are based upon the existing network topography, associated demand and generation profiles and accepted demand and generation schemes which are assumed to be operating at maximum capacity (accepted demand schemes have a diversity factor applied dependent upon the specifics of the connection);
- New demand schemes are still possible at sites with an overall Red or Amber classification; however there may be a requirement for significant network reinforcement which could increase connection costs and timescales;
- The monthly Availability Map data sheet can be downloaded from the link below the map; and
- The capacity that a customer is likely to be able to connect without requiring network reinforcement is detailed below, with respect to the Availability Map classifications Red/Amber/Green.
Site Red Amber Green
Primary Substation No spare capacity < 2MW > 2MW
Supply Point No spare capacity < 2MW > 2MW
Grid Supply Point No spare capacity < 2MW > 2MW
Information last updated November 2019
Legal disclaimer: We have developed the demand availability map to assist you with connections applications in constrained areas. They give a general illustration of demand availability constraints only and cannot be relied upon to assess the terms of connection for specific premises. Nothing in this disclaimer limits or excludes our liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law. Subject to the above, we shall not be liable to you in tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising under or in connection with your use of the demand availability map for: (a) loss of profits; (b) loss of sales or business; (c) loss of agreements or contracts; (d) loss of anticipated savings; (e) loss of or damage to goodwill; or (g) any indirect or consequential loss.
Use the icons to display areas of high, medium and low availability/demand.
Use the icons to display the specific supply types.
Roll over a supply type to see the post code it covers.
Click on a supply type to find out related information.