It is now simpler than ever to report a power cut. If you want to report a power cut call...
Long Term Development Statement
The Long-Term Development Statement contains network information which can be used when assessing the feasibility of connections to the Northern Powergrid distribution network.
The Long-Term Development Statement (LTDS) contains network information that we publish each year to assist existing and future users of the Northern Powergrid system to assess opportunities available for development projects that require new or additional connections. The LTDS is published each November and in the May of the following year an interim update to the November LTDS is published. The LTDS is available free of charge. A separate LTDS is published for each licence area and is compiled in accordance with Standard Condition 25 of the Electricity Distribution Licence.
The benefits that the LTDS brings to our customers and stakeholders are that it:
- Improves the availability of information relating to the Northern Powergrid system;
- Furnishes developers with sufficient information to carry out initial assessments of system capability;
- Increases visibility of our current distribution system development proposals; and
- Informs customers and stakeholders of the correct points of contact within Northern Powergrid for specific enquiries relating to the LTDS.
The LTDS provides:
- A general summary of our network design policies and principles;
- A geographic plan showing our 132kV and EHV systems;
- Schematic diagrams detailing the connectivity and normal operating configurations of our distribution system;
- Circuit data;
- Transformer data;
- Load information;
- Fault level information
- Generation data;
- An outline of authorised system development proposals;
- The number of third-party enquiries for a connection in the past 12 months; and
- A Local Authority Look Up Table to be used to identify and assess available capacity.
If you need help with any of the information contained in the statement, please email LTDS@northernpowergrid.com.
You can download the LTDS using the hyperlinks on this page.